Entirely unique, one of a kind, custom designed home for comfort and entertaining. Welcome to 34 Darien Rd in sought after Covered Bridge Farms. This Cedar sided ranch home is nestled on a private, 2.36-acre double lot with beautiful mature trees and gardens. Home was custom built and designed in 1984. This special home was built with entertaining in mind! The open floor plan is intimate, yet allows for easy flow even with large gatherings. The oversized windows bring the outside in, highlighting the trickling stream, wooded hillside and majestic natural surroundings. Grand entry with domed foyer. The middle two-story sunroom acts as the focal point of the home with large overhead windows. The main floor includes: a great room for everyday living orÂentertaining, dining area with abundant natural lighting, family room with a wet bar, kitchen, sunroom, master suite with a sitting room, guest room with a full bath and walk in closet. Finally, thereÂis a connected privateÂâTree House '' servingÂas flexibleÂspace. Think zen studio or private sanctuary. The oversized three-car garage has a service pit for an easy oil change. Large driveway with plenty of off-street parking. Two spiral staircases lead to the lower level with an indoor pool. The lower level not only includes a swimming pool, but also a wet bar, a generous sized space for entertaining and provides a walkout to rear of property. It even includes an in-law suite (retractable walls for bedroom) serviced by an elevator, and a full kitchen, a full bath and laundry. Extensive shelving for storage space. Home gleams with pride of ownership! Owner has installed brand-new appliances, refrigerator, sink, faucets, garbage disposal for the main level kitchen, installed brand-new faucets in almost all bathrooms and prepared home for upgrade to natural gas. Covered Bridge Farms is located within minutes of downtown Newark, University of Delaware, White Clay Preserve and I 95. Lot next door is available. See agent for details.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Rambler, Ranch, 1 Story
4 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Softener Own, Sump Pump, Electri
Wood Siding, Cedar Exterior
8,925 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Covered Bridge Farms
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Living Room, Sitting Room, Florida Room, Attic
- 2nd Kitchen, Galley Kitchen
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Electric Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Microwave, Washer
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating. Forced Air.
- Full, Partially Finished
- 4. Gas Burning, Wood-burning, Wood Stove.
- Elevator, Entry Level Bedroom.
- Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Open Floor Plan, Attic Storage, Built-Ins, Elevator, Recessed Lights, Skylight, Walk-in Closets, 9Ft+ Ceilings, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, Beamed
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces.
- Wood, Cedar
- Pool Description
- Lot View
- Lot Dimensions
- 324.50 x 402.60
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Front Yard, Landscaped, Back Yard, Side Yard. Backs To Trees, Front Yard, Landscaping, Level, Private, Rear Yard, Sideyard(S).
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price